Working a Left Cross Cable without a Cable Needle Tutorial
If you've always wanted to learn how to work a cable without a cable needle this video will show you how to do that for a cable crossing to the left.
I find this a very useful technique to know if you find yourself without a cable needle!
It can also really speed up your cable knitting as you don't have to juggle an extra needle.
It works best with smaller cables as there are too many stitches to juggle for larger cables.
How to work:
- For a two by two crossed cable, put the right needle into the back of stitches 3 and 4.
- Use your right thumb to pin stitches 1 and 2 at their base.
- Slip 4 stitches off the left needle, holding onto the first two stitches, and leaving the second two stitches on the right needle tip.
- From the front, put stitches 1 and 2 onto the left needle.
- Move the 2 stitches back from the right to the left needle.
- The stitches have now been crossed, you just need to knit them.