Learn to Knit: Knitted Cast-On Tutorial
This was the very first Cast-On I was taught in school! This is a very basic cast-on. If you can knit you will be able to work it without a problem.
- Create a slip knot on the needle.
- Knit into slip knit.
- Move the resultant stitch from the right to the left needle.
- Knit into the first stitch on left needle.
- Move the resultant stitch from right to left needle.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you have the desired number of stitches.
You can see it in action here:
This cast-on would be useful for the underarm of sleeve and can be substituted easily in any place that calls for a Cable Cast-On as they are worked in a similar manner.
Why not give this technique a try in one of the following patterns:
Read more about knitting cast on methods.