This cast-on creates a stretchy, attractive cast-on. It is a variant on the Long Tail Cast-On. Also know as the Twisted German Cast-On.
How to work:
- Pull out a tail 4 times the length of your cast-on.
- Hold your yarn in your left hand, with the tail over the thumb and your working yarn over the index finger. Your thumb & finger should be open, with palm of hand facing towards you, creating two threads of thumb loop, and one around the index finger. Hold these trailing yarns in your left fist.
- To set up the first stitch put the needle under the yarn bar (held between thumb and index finger) from the left and twist anti-clockwise to create a stitch.
- Bring needle in front and under both threads of loop on thumb and up behind them. Drop needle tip into the center of the thumb loop to scoop the yarn, and pull towards you.
- Bring needle tip over yarn on index finger and pull loop from back to front and through yarn ‘triangle’ just created in thumb loop.
- Drop yarn off thumb and tighten.
- Pick yarn back up again with thumb.
Repeat steps 3-7 for the desired number of cast on stitches.