Learn how to knit Garter Stitch. This is the most basic of the knitting stitches, you knit all the stitches on both the right and wrong side of your knitting!
- On the Right Side (RS), knit every stitch as follows:
- Insert right needle from left to right into first stitch on left needle.
- Wrap your yarn clockwise around tip of right needle.
- Pull the right needle out of the stitch, pulling the created yarn loop with it.
- Drop the original stitch off of the left needle.
- Work all remaining stitches in the row in this manner.
- On the Wrong Side (WS), knit every stitch in the same way.
It is possible, once you have learned the basics, to add more finishing details which would add slip stitch edges or I-cord edges to create a more finished edge to your work.